Welcome to the World Football League Website

WFL Interviews

The World Football League Website presents an interview with former Florida Blazers and Philadelphia Bell quarterback Bob Davis

The WFL Hall of Fame spoke with Bob Davis in October of 1999 about his career in the WFL with the Eastern Division Champion Florida Blazers and the 1975 Philadelphia Bell. Bob, a standout quarterback at Virginia, talked about his experience in the WFL with the Blazers, Jack Pardee and the up hill climb of the 1975 World Football League. Today, Bob is a bank executive specializing in commercial lending in New Jersey.

HOF: In 1974 you signed a contract with the Washington Ambassadors of the World Football League. How excited were you to be playing in the new league?

BD: Very excited. The prior year I was in New Orleans playing behind Archie Manning. Archie had a big contract and he was going to play regardless of whether he played well or not. It was obvious I wasn't going to play much with the Saints. After eight years of pro ball I wondered if I would ever play. Actually, in 1973, the Saints traded me to Buffalo, and I had to obtain my release from the NFL to sign with Washington and the WFL. At that time Buffalo wasn't a good football team. The WFL was more exciting. It was a new league, and a chance to be a starting quarterback.

HOF: Did any other WFL teams contact you in 1973?

BD: No. I was out of Virginia and I think the league was looking for players from the area to promote the team.

HOF: What was your first impression of the official WFL football?

BD: I hated it at first, it was brown and orange. But actually, I loved that ball. I have large palms but very short fingers, and when a ball gets wet I throw a lot of "wounded ducks". I used to enjoy the colder weather because I could grip the ball better, and then throw a better pass. The WFL ball was thinner, a bit longer, and I thought it was easier to see at night. I didn't like the color much.

HOF: The WFL ushered in some innovative rule changes. What was your impression of the WFL "action point"?

BD: I liked it. You had to score a touchdown and then were challenged to get the point. It created some crazy scores like 22-15, 8-7, things like that. It also made the game more exciting. The fans would rather see the "action point" then have a team kick for the point.

HOF: During the Ambassador's training camp, what was your impression of Washington head coach Jack Pardee?

BD: Jack was a great guy. He was a all business type of coach. A players coach. He stressed defense, that was his forte. We had a conservative offense; it fit into the ball-control style of offenses. We had a great back in Tommy Reamon and a great rookie receiver in Greg Latta. We had some role players like Jim Strong our fullback. Jack was able to take veteran players like myself, Jim Strong, Larry Grantham, Mel Farr, and mold them into the team. Jack emphasized a blend of veterans and talented rookie players that he felt could make big plays. There are times when you lose a couple of games and you need the veterans to turn it around, and it was a long season, twenty games. At one time, around Labor Day, we played four games in a 21-day period. We played one game on a Thursday and then played on Monday. The WFL schedule put a lot of pressure on your body. Jack knew there were times when you would make a mistake. But if you believed in yourself, he wouldn't let you get down. He embodied that George Allen philosophy, he wasn't a "rah rah" coach like Allen but he got behind you and believed in you. There are times in a game when you get in a streak when you rhythm is off, or the protection is breaking down, if he thought you were the "guy" he stuck behind you...he kept your confidence up.

HOF: What was you reaction when the Ambassadors announced they were moving to Norfolk, Virginia?

BD: That was even better. I was from Virginia. We flew down to a press conference in Norfolk; we got a plane and flew down there for the day. The response was good and I thought it was even a better situation. Then, in training camp, the news broke that the team was bought and was moving to Orlando, Florida. I remember thinking, "Are you kidding me? Orlando, Florida? In the Tangerine Bowl?" The Tangerine Bowl was old, it wasn't like it is now. That (the move to Florida) was disheartening. Nobody knew anyone in Florida, we were training in Virginia, and so no one in Florida knew much about the players, the team or the league.

HOF: Did you feel, at that time, you had made a mistake signing with the WFL?

BD: No. We were still getting paid. Camp was good, the facilities, food, dorms, everything. I just blocked it out of my mind. I was the starting quarterback for this team, and I wanted to lead it to a championship. Washington-Baltimore would have offered incentives, promotional opportunities and such, but we set our minds on Florida and being a successful team. We became the Florida Blazers during camp, and stayed there due to the obligations with the college, we had to pay them.

HOF: The original owner of the Ambassadors was E. Joseph Wheeler, then Rommie Loudd took over the team and moved it to Orlando. What was your impression of Rommie Loudd?

BD: Rommie Loudd was a creep. Loudd was always the guy who came in and told you something was on the horizon and some new money man was coming in. David Williams was short, stubby, red headed guy. He owned some hotels in Florida and put up money for the team. These guys must have "flim-flamed" the WFL. I don't think they had the backing to fund a first-class operation. Florida was a nice area. The people like the idea of a team. The first month and a half things were going very well.

HOF: The Blazers played the Philadelphia Bell in the WFL's first ever scrimmage at Shippensburg State College. What do you remember of the game?

BD: The game was a controlled game. Hard hitting. Both teams played well, I don't remember who won. Gary Collins, of the NFL, was my receiver until he broke his foot. Bell quarterback King Corcoran and I had a friendly rivalry going on, we were competitive. King was a class guy. Even when I played with him in 1975 with the Philadelphia Bell he never bad mouthed me and I never bad mouthed him.

HOF: The Blazers home opener was against the Hawaiians. You won 8-7 before 18,625 fans. Were you disappointed with the crowd?

BD: If you looked up to the other WFL cities they were drawing 60,000 people, except in Philadelphia where about 50,000 got in free. I wasn't disappointed. In Virginia, we had a 25,000 seat stadium and we wouldn't fill it. It was a loud crowd, they were excited to have football.

HOF: The Blazers started off at 6-0. Who were some of the players that stood out?

BD: Tommy Reamon would get you the yards. A speedy guy named Dickie James who was fast, and our tight end Greg Latta, so we knew we'd have the play action working. Some crossing patterns, Matt Maslowski was also a good receiver. The defense played really well. We were a conservative offense, a Redskin type of ball-control offense. We started winning and playing well as a team.

HOF: When did you think Tommy Reamon would be a great back?

BD: Tommy had a lot of talent; he was just a great halfback. He was a kid, just barely 21. I think finally he realized that I just wanted to win, and once he realized that we had respect for each other. I was able to calm him down a bit. He was like an Emerson Boozer type of runner, or a Emmitt Smith, Dorsey Levens type of player. He would fight for the yards. He didn't break 80 yard runs. He'd get 7, 8, 10 yards at a time and suddenly he'd have 100 yards. He was tough, and he just wouldn't go down, fight, fight, fight that was Tommy.

HOF: When did the financial problems surface for the Blazers?

BD: About the seventh week of the season things started to go astray. There were rumors about moving to Atlanta or Tampa Bay. Here we were in Florida, undefeated, the crowds were o.k. I never trusted Rommie Loudd, but things were fine. There wasn't a lot of signs of the team in trouble. The only time Loudd would meet with the team is when the paychecks started to bounce, otherwise we never saw him. We would meet three times a week to keep the guys spirits up and keep the season going. The veterans would intervene and talk the team up and Jack Pardee would spend time in the front office trying to hold it all together. The older guys, Larry Grantham, myself, would try to talk to the players and make sure we were focused on football. I remember one time that Rommie Loudd got the team together and told us that Arab oil sheiks were coming to Florida to put a lot of money into the team. As crazy as it seemed, we believed it. The players thought to themselves, "Well, why not?" We were desperate to believe anything.

HOF: Did there come a time when you simply told yourselves, "let's finish this thing (the season)!"

BD: We did at some point. We had no money and the league would send us $200 every few weeks to keep us fed. So there were a lot of times when we thought we had to just go out and finish the season. Before the 1974 playoffs we were 14-6 and had to play the Philadelphia Bell who were 9-11. We were wondering if we would get paid and if we should play at all. There was news around the league that players weren't being paid and there was a question as to if there would be a playoffs at all. As far as the Bell, it's hard to beat a team three times in one year. We beat the Bell 24-21 in Florida, and then 30-7 in Philadelphia.

HOF: How did the financial situation make Jack Pardee's job harder?

BD: I would talk to Jack, and so would Larry Grantham. We thought that if we kept going we could at least showcase our talents for other teams. If we kept winning. The NFL was out there, so were the solid WFL teams.

HOF: Who were some other players that were leaders during this time?

BD: Larry Ely comes to mind. Larry was a middle linebacker. He was one of the guys who was vocal, not tremendously talented but would make up for it by playing hard. He would stand up at a meeting and say, "What are we going to do? Quit? We've got five-six games left. We want to finish this thing a win a championship." The guys would get all fired up and go back out to practice. Larry would yell, throw chairs, and bust through a door with his jock strap on, he'd get the team fired up. The team became like a family... it was strange... you all had this one common bond, this one thing that we were going through together. The Birmingham Americans were paid, and Memphis had a lot of money.

HOF: Tommy Reamon said that in the huddle you really controlled the Blazers. Was that something you carried throughout your career?

BD: No not all. Where I got my experience with the game of football was playing for the New York Jets. Weeb Ewbank's offense was a high powered professional offense that caused you to read and take advantage of key situations....and Joe Namath was cool that way. I learned a lot from him in '72 when I backed him up. It had to be a change in me that happened....I was a vocal, geared up guy and I changed myself with the Blazers to stay cool and be the leader in the huddle. I didn't want to lead us being a screamer. There were some young guys on the team and I could tell with Tommy, that if plays weren't going well and guys were missing blocks and would slash and lose a couple of yards, he would start screaming at guys.....and I think that's where that respect came, after he realized that I just wanted to win we worked together. I had a lot of respect for his ability as a runner, he was a great back.

HOF: Do you remember a game when your leadership with the team was tested?

BD: The game that obviously comes to mind is the World Bowl in Birmingham. We actually drove down the first series of the game and Tommy took the ball into the end zone and they said that he fumbled before he made it into the end zone. The Americans went on to take a 22-0 lead. If there was a time when you had to stay calm, and play our game we had to do it then. I remember looking up at the guys, they were concerned, and saying to them, "Shut up. We can still win this football game. We have to play our game. We can't go back." We weren't a wide open team. We had to have the play action, we had to have certain runs by Tommy Reamon, we had to have roll outs and plays to take the ball down the field, and we did. We scored 21 points in the second half. Tommy had the opportunity to win the game, to take it over, and if you look at the replays of the game he did take it over, he won the game! But the officials didn't see it that way and we lost 22-21. Those are the things that have to happen. If the players respect you, you can do that. If they don't respect you, you can't take control of a game like that. The replays of the game show Tommy dove over the goal line and then he was knocked back. That was the most... and, well, then the game ended... we were in the locker room and we just... it was over. We knew we had won the game, and it wasn't about the money then. The season was over, all we had worked for, over.

One of the most interesting things about the World Bowl was after the game. The guys were trying to figure out how they were going to get home, pay bills, and such. I had credit cards in good standing, so I loaned a bunch of money to guys to help them get home, or on a plane, and every one of the players paid me back. That says a lot about the team and the character we had developed. These guys hadn't received a paycheck for thirteen weeks and they all paid me back.

WFLHOF Note: (At halftime of the World Bowl, TVS, the broadcasters of the game, displayed a $1.5 million dollar check for the purchase of the Florida Blazers by Cocoa Beach financier Robert Prentice. The funds were part of an elaborate land development deal that was reportedly worth $100 million, and backed by Arab oil money. Later the check bounced when it was discovered that the check was drawn LTC Inc. and the groups' president was convicted felon Coleman Taylor. Several lawsuits followed and the Blazers players and coaches never received a penny of the money owed to them.)

HOF: Being down 21-0 at half time in the World Bowl, what was said in the locker room?

BD: I don't remember exactly what was said. But it was a locker room that said, "What the hell are we doing here? We have thirty more minutes to play... it's our last game of the season... we can win this thing, and we can, we need to play our game." We did go out and play our game. Play action, slash running, I threw a touchdown to Tommy Reamon and Greg Latta. Then we held them on defense and Rod Foster returned a 76-yard punt and suddenly it was 22-21. We almost pulled it out.

HOF: What was the game plan going into the World Bowl against the Americans?

BD: It wasn't much different. We never changed our game plan. We didn't run that kind of offense; we didn't go out and stack four wide receivers. We wanted to control the line of scrimmage, run the ball well and use the play action to open it up. You have to remember that the World Bowl was our 23rd game of the season. It was tough. I'll never forgot that at mid-season I had both elbows completely swollen, and I was constantly getting shots and getting the fluid drained. In Birmingham I got thrown to the turf and roughed them both up again, it was brutal.

HOF: Many sports reporters claimed the WFL wanted a Memphis-Birmingham World Bowl. Who did you feel was better team between Memphis and Birmingham?

BD: They were both great football teams. I think they could beat each other on any given day. Both had good quarterbacks. Memphis had Huarte and young Danny White, and Birmingham had George Mira and Matthew Reed. Memphis had Ed Marshall, who was an excellent wide receiver, and a tight end named Gary Shirk who was good, and a big offensive line. Birmingham was more of a... Mira liked to roll out and I remember a big quarterback controversy down there a lot of people would boo Mira cause they wanted Reed in there. Reed would throw over everyone's heads. Mira was a Flutie-type, 5'10", and he had a great arm, Reed was a bomber, and a good one.

In the Memphis game (Florida's second-round playoff game), I got hurt and Buddy Palazzo, who hadn't played all year, came in. He was a little guy about 5'10" and... I don't think he completed a lot of passes but between him and Tommy running they kept Memphis off balance and we won 15-3. There was some doubts as to whether there was going to be a World Bowl... players were wondering if they would be paid, and where we would get food.

HOF: Did you ever feel like throwing in the towel?

BD: There were guys who were thinking, "I gotta get out of here, I can't exist living like this." We never got paychecks. Some of the guys were saying, "What's another five or six weeks out of your life. Let's see this thing through!" We were disappointed that we lost the World Bowl. My family went home after the game, and me and some of the guys stayed in Orlando, but when the check for the sale of the team bounced we realized that it was over. I got a statement from bankruptcy court saying the league had $20 million in debts and $550 in assists... and you can't write that off 'cause you never received the money.

HOF: With all the interaction with lawsuits and broken promises what could the WFL had done differently to survive?

BD: I guess Gary Davidson was a bit of a "quick-change" artist. The WFL did not have the where-with-all to stay and then they were paying these huge bonuses to Kenny Stabler and Larry Csonka and all these guys who weren't going to play until '75 or '76, all that money was going out, and the oil crisis, and the fact that Philadelphia claimed to have 100,000 at a game and then only 10,000 actually pay to get in. The press doesn't like to be lied to. In Orlando, the fans paid to get in... if you had 10,000 or 15,000 you had that many who paid. We had a good product, we treated the fans well.

I think that the teams shouldn't have paid the large bonuses to players who weren't in the league. I think that they should've had more control over the type of people who were in the ownership groups. I'm in commercial lending, and if I'm getting involved with some one I want to see the balance sheets and where the money was coming from. I think most of the owners had small pockets and when you have a lot of debt out there, well, you fold up your tents and leave. I think a shorter season, twenty games is too much.

HOF: Virgil Carter, formerly of the Chicago Fire, said "Eight teams, eight good owners and a 12 to 14 game season." Do you agree with that philosophy?

BD: I agree with that whole, heatedly. The USFL tried to sign college players and build a league and then Donald Trump came along and blew the economy out. It was the same thing in the WFL.

HOF: How did you feel the quality of the play was between the NFL and WFL?

BD: I thought it was good. There were a lot of people that were good players. Only a certain amount of people can play. Look at the NFL right now, you got this kid in St. Louis, Kurt Warner of the Rams, who is the leading quarterback in the league... he's an Arena Football guy. You can say the league is made of backups, but only one guy can play quarterback. The only way you can become a good player is to play.

The economy of the sport was different then. Joe Namath was offered $4 million in 1974 to play with the Chicago Winds. He was making $350,000 in the NFL then. The WFL went out to sign some guys, but we had good players, just not marquee names. When I was with the Jets in 1971, not one player made over $50,000 a year except Namath. You're talking about Don Maynard; Emerson Boozer, the league minimum was $9,000. Today's salaries are so out of whack that it�s hard to imagine what it was like in the WFL.

HOF: The Blazers had a potent running game were there any players on the offensive line that stood out?

BD: Dan Peiffer was our center. Tim Brannan was a rookie guard out of Maryland. We had three young guys on the line and two of them went on to the Chicago Bears with Jack Pardee the next year in 1975.

HOF: When did you hear about the WFL playing in 1975, and when were you contacted by John Bosacco?

BD: When Hemmeter came out with that plan in January, I was pretty beat up from the WFL season. I had hurt my knee on the last play of my last college game and I had had four knee operations and even playing with Florida I wore a knee brace and I had strained my left knee during the season. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to play football any more. Some one from the Philadelphia Bell contacted me about playing and I went up there and met with Bosacco in March... and I liked the guy. He handled himself well, had was secure financially, had a good business, he was a young guy and he wanted to develop the franchise. He signed me to a contract, that, there were some guys who got paid a percentage or the minimum, and he signed me to a guaranteed contract with him and with a small bonus. I wasn't in the superstar range like a Ted Kwalick, but they were going to pay me what the Blazers had agreed to pay me. I said to myself that if I have the opportunity to play in Philadelphia, I was in the insurance business at the time, if something did happen I'm not that far away from home, and even though King Corcoran was there I thought I could beat him out, even though he had a great year and he threw for all those yards and touchdowns the year before. I signed with the Bell.

When we went to camp we started to compete for the job and things weren't going well. Ron Waller that offense was not my kind of offense, and King and he had a friendship........there was John Land and Claude Watts and a lot of guys who were familiar with the offense and Waller.

HOF: Norman Bevan, a San Antonio banker, purchased many of the player contracts from the old Florida Blazers to form the San Antonio Wings, did he contact you about joining the team?

BD: No. I heard that the Blazers had folded when I read about it in the newspaper. I knew the thing was over, Rommie Loudd couldn't handle running the team, and that was it. On the plane trip home, after the World Bowl, we had hope. There were rumors that money had come in and that things were getting solved, then the check bounced. The whole situation in Orlando was disappointing.

HOF: When Jack Pardee was named as head coach of the Chicago Bears, did he contact you about coming to the NFL?

BD: There was some talk at first. I talked to Jack after the Blazers season, and he was considering the possibility of me coming to the NFL as a backup quarterback. He basically told me, "Bob, I have no control. I don't control the personnel decisions. Your knees are bad and he (Jim Finks) doesn't want to take a shot at you." I really feel that Jack didn't have much control, he did bring in Greg Latta, Eddie Sheats, Larry Ely, but that was about it.

HOF: Many of the former WFL players speak of the '74 season as being the "glamour" year, what was 1975 like for the players and for yourself?

BD: '75 was a nightmare. Even though you were paid, you went from the thought that the league was going to work and on October 21st its over, done.

HOF: When did Willie Wood come into the picture with the Bell?

BD: It was a crazy, crazy situation. The team wasn't performing well. During the second exhibition game in Portland, Dave Costa, who used to play for the Denver Broncos, actually grabbed me, threw me to the turf, and I was injured... I had the ability to change the inflection in my voice and draw guys offside and I got him. On the second play I did it again and I was looking the other way and he nailed me, he put my arms together and drove me to the turf and fractured the side of my face and jaw. The Bell trainers told me I would be out for 10 weeks, but then they developed a special 12-pound helmet that protected me and allowed me to return to play in three weeks. During that time, Ron Waller was fired and Joe Gardi was named interim head coach. These two factions developed during camp. One coach had a gun and was threatening players and keeping them out of the dorms, and then Bosacco named Willie Wood as head coach, I guess the first black head coach and Gardi went to Portland. Then there were the old Bell players who were loyal to Waller, and the new players like Ted Kwalick, Ben Hawkins, JJ Jennings and myself... those guys were on Wood's side and wanted me to start. With Ron Waller gone, Wood brought in Bill McPeak to run the offense, which was an offense that I was more used to. We had a great game against Memphis, and then King was released in September.

We came back and defeated the Memphis Southmen in Philadelphia, before about 5,000 people. Ben Hawkins and I shared co-MVP awards that week. We went ahead, 10-8 I think, and the Southmen came back and went ahead. We came back and drove down the field... we sent out all the receivers, John Land and Watts, and I dropped back and hit Holliday for 15, and Hawkins for 10. We had a third-and-eight, and I passed to Donnie Shanklin, and he his usually reliable receiver, in the hands and he dropped the ball, making it fourth-and-eight. Then I managed to hit Ben Hawkins with a pass and then hit him in the end zone for the winning touchdown. It was a great game, but nobody was there.

HOF: The Philadelphia Bell drew a league-low 3,000 average per game in 1975. What was it like for you playing in front of such sparse crowds?

BD: It's almost like you�re at a NFL practice. It was not a good feeling. It's hard to get up for the game when there isn't anyone out there. After a big play you'd hear a clap. Probably my wife, my mother and father and a couple of fans from the Jersey shore. I would call the snap count and I could hear it echo through the stadium. The die was cast. Seeing the crowds diminish, and there were rumors every day about the league folding, and headlines in the paper like, "Is This the Last Game for the Bell?", "WFL will cancel Season!". It was very, very disheartening to see so many empty seats in the stadium.

Bob Davis scrambles for a first down against the Memphis Southmen in 1975

HOF: Did you feel the Philadelphia press supported and respected the team?

BD: The Philadelphia Inquirer, when we played well, had headlines about us. When we defeated Memphis there was a headline in the Philadelphia Inquirer Sunday, August 24, 1975, "Davis Sends Memphis South". It was supposed to be the story of Miami trio Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick and Paul Warfield and their bankrolls but Bob Davis got the script all wrong. Davis, the Bell quarterback who had been kept on the bench after fracturing his cheekbone, completed 19 of 23 passes... it was on the front page of the sport section, above the fold. I can't say they covered us poorly, but I'm sure we got the coverage because it was Memphis. Even though we won the picture was of Kiick blocking for Csonka.

HOF: In 1975, the WFL regroups, did you think Csonka, Kiick and Warfield would save the WFL?

BD: Yes. There was a plan, essentially there were some guys making money, but the owners that had money were backing them, the guy in Memphis, John Basset, started in Toronto, he had the most money in the WFL. The franchises just didn't have the financing. In 1974, Jacksonville and Detroit folded. The Jacksonville Sharks were a surprise. They drew a lot of fans, and when they came to Orlando they brought a lot fans with them. Then the Chicago Winds folded early in the '75 season.

HOF: Who were some of the Bell players that you respected?

BD: I was hurt early. I was with a new team that was offensive minded, and they had this brazen quarterback in King Corcoran, and I had to prove myself over again. I developed a relationship with Ted Kwalick, Ben Hawkins, Vince Papale and even some of the other Bell players like John Land and Claude Watts. I was just honest with them. As we got into October, with all the rumors, it was tough. We weren't playing well and our defense was having problems.

HOF: Did Bosacco meet with the team and discuss what was going on in the league?

BD: He didn't hide from the team. He was always around. I think as things started going bad, he asked himself, "what am doing here?" We had 1,200 people for the Charlotte game. You knew it was going to happen (the league folding), we were just waiting for it.

HOF: When did you hear the WFL had folded?

BD: We all went to work out, there were rumors, I think Willie Wood was there. They basically said, "It's over. Clean out your locker and get your last check." That night I went out with Kwalick and Hawkins to get something to eat and try to figure something out.

HOF: Who were some of the players that stood out in the WFL in your opinion?

BD: George Mira and Matthew Reed of Birmingham. Pat Haden played well for the Sun, and I think he left to finish his education. Virgil Carter, who played for the Chicago Fire, was an excellent quarterback. There was an Italian running back... Johnny Musso for the Birmingham Vulcans... Jennings had a great year with Memphis. Dave Roller... for the Southern California Sun... he was tough, he was a really good player... he was great. Rufus Ferguson of the Portland Storm, he was tough to bring down.

HOF: Who were some of the other Blazer players that stood out?

BD: Hubie Bryant, Chuck Beatty, Billy Hobbs, and Rickie Harris, he played for the Washington Redskins in the NFL. We had a good defensive backfield. There was the strong safety Chuck Beatty, Miller Farr, who I played with in Houston years ago, and Billy Hayes. There was Larry Ely, Larry Grantham, Eddie Sheats, Lou Ross, Mike McBath and Paul Vellano. Lou Ross was a big guy... 6-foot-6, he was more like the linebackers in the NFL today.

HOF: How would you sum up your experience in the WFL?

BD: The 1974 season... I'm proud to be a part of that piece of football history. The guys who went through that... well, you can make it through anything. In 1975, it never seemed right. I never felt right wearing a Philadelphia Bell uniform. They were the first team we (the Florida Blazers) scrimmaged, and we used to look forward to going up to JFK and beating them. I was proud to be a Florida Blazer, and proud to play for Jack Pardee, and with guys like Tommy Reamon, Greg Latta, and all the other guys.

NOTE: The Bob Davis interview was conducted by Jim Cusano and Richie Franklin. This interview appeared on the former WFL Hall of Fame Website, and is used with permission. This interview is the property of the World Football League Website and may not be used without the permission of the Website owners.